2) Make sure to download the "dfu-programmer" package which can be done by typing these in terminal: sudo apt-get install dfu-programmer
3) Make sure you have extracted the files of the firmware archive BF1-Firmware.tgz. Open a terminal session and step into the directory BF1-Firmware. Two files must be in there: dfu-prog.sh and BitfuryBTC.hex
4) Plug the device into a free USB port of the PC
5) Press and hold the PRG button
6) Press and release the RST button
7) Release the PRG button
8) Flash the software with the ihncluded script: sudo ./dfu-prog.sh
9) Reset the USB device by pushing the RST button on the PCB
After the final reset of USB device, the BF1 board enumerated by the host PC. The dual colo LED should glow.
When you enter the command 1sub the device should be listed like this:
Bus 006 Device 003: ID 03eb:204b Atmel Corp. LUFA USB to Serial Adapter Project
If this is the case, the firmware has been loaded successfully.